Twelve persons are reported to have sustained injuries following the bomb blast which occurred during a Trade Fair in Buea, on Sunday, December 12.
Health officials at the regional hospital of the Southwest chief town, indicated moments after the incident that three of the injured persons had been hospitalized, while the rest got discharged.
From explanations given by the Buea regional hospital Director Dr. Martin Mokake, one could already picture the extent of the bomb blast.
“I received 12 injured, ranging from the ages of 21 to 35. Most of them had mild injuries, but they had multiple perforating wounds all around their body, showing that the explosive was packed with pellets and sharp objects to cause maximum damage” Dr. Martin Mokake said.
“For now, we have three of them that have been hospitalized of the 12, the rest have been discharged, and within those three, they had extensive injuries” the health official continued “we are still doing repeats of their scans, to make sure that they are out of imminent danger”.
The carrier of the bomb is said to have thrown the explosive over the fence of the Trade Fair area, given that he was unable to bypass security surveillance.