Members of the Local Organizing Committee of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, have been urged by Sports Minister Narcisse Mouelle Kombi, to work harder in order to ensure that everything is ready before the AFCON in January 2022.
The Minister made the call on Wednesday 27 October 2021, during a working session in Yaounde, in which it was disclosed that the opening and closing ceremonies of the upcoming competition have been validated by CAF and FIFA.
“We are extremely satisfied with what is happening, and we think that we are going to present a very good show to the Cameroonian Public, the African public” Michel Disake Mbarga, Tournament Manager.
Minister Narcisse Mouelle Kombi is said to have asked the various sub-commissions to mostly present difficulties. “Most of them were instructed to revise their plan of action and activities, so I think we have done so much to present to the president of COCAN who is the Minister of Sports, the few difficulties that can be thrashed out by the hierarchy” the Tournament Manager added.
While preparing to receive another inspection mission from CAF in November, it is worth recalling that the opening and closing ceremonies have been validated by CAF and FIFA. “That gives us pressure for the other technical commissions to do everything to meet up. If the opening ceremony and closing ceremony have already been validated, then what are the other technical commissions supposed to do, they need to hasten up and get up early in the morning so that they can satisfy the organization of this tournament” Michel Disake Mbarga said.
So far, CAF authorities have expressed satisfaction with the progress made. The First Vice President of the African Football regulatory body Augustin Senghor, in Cameroon a week ago, said the country is ready as he signed a binding agreement with the host nation.