The FECAFOOT Electoral Commission organized a press conference on Wednesday, December 1, and as part of the resolutions made public during the press briefing, Emmanuel Maboang’s candidature was reinstated. The authorization of the media to do a live coverage of the upcoming elections, was also confirmed, to ensure transparency.
Presently, the number of candidates has risen from six to seven, with the reintegration of Kessak Maboang. He had earlier been classed ineligible on November 25, on the basis that he owed the Cameroon Football Federation 4,462,750 FCFA.
In one of his reactions before this recent decision, he told the public they shouldn’t be surprised to see his candidature finally accepted “It is the same reasons that I was reproached for in 2018, don’t be surprised that I would be candidate” Emmanuel Maboang told CAM 10 TV in an interview, a few days ago.
To ensure transparency, the FECAFOOT Electoral Commission shall allow media organs to broadcast the elections live, on the 11th of December. Interested media practitioners will have to get an accreditation latest December 2nd.
Another key issue discussed during the Electoral Commission’s press conference, was Samuel Etoo’s complaints filed against Seidou Mbombo Njoya. The request for an annulment of the incumbent FECAFOOT President’s candidature, was rejected.
The list of candidates finally retained for the election on December 11, include; Seidou Mbombo Njoya, Samuel Etoo, Jules Denis Onana, Wandja Zacharie, Tagouh Justin, Nyamsi Jean Crepin Soter, and Emmanuel Kessak Maboang. Manuel Boyomo, who was declared ineligible for not having the required number of endorsement letters (just 2 out of 10), remains sidelined.