The event took place on Thursday October 21st 2021, at The Logbaba District Hospital, Douala. Besides the Gaz Du Cameroun(GDC) executive members that were present, and the hospital administrators, government administrators of the area of jurisdiction also graced the event: the Divisional officer, Lord Mayor, and the Chief.
Gaz Du Cameroun pledged to support the health care sector, particularly the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic, in the city of Douala and Cameroon as a whole.
As part of their corporate social responsibility, Gaz Du Cameroun has engaged to complete the facet of the Logbaba District Hospital with a signed cheque of 52,550,336frs.
The hospital laid down a project to extend the hospital, but they lacked funds to do so, that’s where GDC decided to come in to support.
The hospital extension project includes the following infrastructure:
-A conference hall of 120 places,
-A surgical emergency of unit 8 beds and 2 offices,
-A Reception service and waiting hall
-Office for nurses
-ORL consultation service
The Logbaba District Hospital was selected by GDC, because Logbaba is an industrial zone, which is susceptible to accidents of all sorts.
One of the many other activities Gaz Du Cameroun has accomplished over the years since its creation include :
– Construction of the bridge linking Logmayangui and Dibom (2016)
– Covid 19 donations to communities and District Hospitals of Bonassama and Logbaba
– Back to school donations to kids in Logbaba and Ndogpassi schools
– Collaboration with the Divisional officer and the Mayor of Douala 3 to contribute for enhancement of social infrastructures, enhancement of communities’ livelihood, environmental restoration ( ongoing: employment of local workforce, GDC’s support to tree planting)
– Maintenance of a concertation platform with communities of influence to GDC’s gas plant (ongoing)